About Academics at ND
Enter any classroom in Notre Dame and you’ll witness it:
the relentless pursuit of academic excellence, by students and teachers alike.
young men of character, compassion and confidence who are ready to excel in college and beyond.
Here, every student is challenged -- through rigorous study, innovative teaching practices and personalized exploration -- to become a flexible, independent, 21st-century thinker. By applying the leading educational approaches within the context of the Catholic Holy Cross tradition, ND is able to offer a curriculum that truly educates both the mind and the heart.
Signature Programs + Opportunities Set ND Students Apart.
- Four new Signature Programs in Technology, Engineering & Design (T/E/D/), Leadership, Sports Medicine, Video-Media Production give ND students real-life skills with direct application in future studies and careers.
- The Moreau Honors Program challenges freshman and sophomore participants to learn in a new, more interesting and challenging way.
- Seven UConn Early College Experience (ECE) classes provide both higher learning and direct college credit.
- 30 Honors courses and 11 Advanced Placement (A.P.) courses offer students deep, meaningful study opportunities.
At Notre Dame, Academics Means Excellence.
- Our curriculum emphasizes academic rigor, differentiated learning, critical thinking and opportunities for interdisciplinary study. Each student’s schedule is specifically designed to challenge them to the best of their ability.
- Our devoted faculty understand how to educate young men -- and take seriously the responsibility of teaching the whole student.
- Opportunities to learn beyond the classroom play an integral role in character development.
- Our continuous innovations in teaching focus on developing specific, sought-after 21st-century skills such as digital-age literacy, inventive thinking, effective communication and high productivity.
- College counseling and our schoolwide structure of support ensure that every ND student finds his own path to success (which is why traditionally 99% of our graduates enter college each fall!).
ND Academics bring out the extraordinary in every ND student. Ready to learn the ND way?