Strategic Plan: EMH2020
Providing a clear roadmap forward for the Notre Dame community, integrating the hallmarks of our significant mission and distinguished legacy with a clear and spirited vision for student success.
Educating Minds and Hearts 2020
Our Strategic Plan
Our goals center on innovation and growth of a rigorous academic program; new opportunities for student engagement and outcomes; and the optimal allocation of Notre Dame’s extraordinary resources towards our core purpose: teaching and learning.
All of our work builds on the legacy entrusted to us by the Brothers of Holy Cross: the relentless pursuit of academic excellence, the focus on developing young men who understand their larger purpose in the world, and a community that embraces all learners. This is our Holy Cross mission celebrated by more than 12,000 Notre Dame men worldwide.
The first phase of Notre Dame’s Strategic Plan Educating Minds & Hearts 2020 fueled the growth and expansion of several new initiatives benefiting our 550 students from 35 towns and cities in southern Connecticut:
Outcomes of Educating Minds & Hearts 2020
- Four new Signature Programs launched in Leadership, Sports Medicine, Technology/Engineering/Design (T/E/D) and Video Production.
- $50,000+ through grant funding invested in new Instructional Design & Technology initiatives to avail contemporary pedagogy teaching practices most effective in the instruction of young men.
- New Master Schedule that will integrate a two-week Experiential Learning module for all students
- New Leadership Curriculum for Sophomores introduced
- $135,000 improvements in the new Jachimowski Student Success Center providing a centralized hub of services to support student academic success and College planning
- New Esports extracurricular program
- New Student Activities Coordinator Role established to create new extracurricular student opportunities
- New Administrative Leadership structure created with new roles including Vice President for Student Success
- New Director of Mission Effectiveness appointed
- Extensive new branding including website, field and school signage, uniforms
- New strategic partnerships to facilitate brand development: Campus Customs uniforms and spirit wear, Chartwells food service
- Comprehensive Facility Security Review and Assessment completed
Three Pillars of
Strategically grow our academic program through continuous improvement, innovation, and assessment to ensure excellence in education within the context of Catholic Holy Cross values for an inclusive and diverse student body.
Strive for the personal success of each Notre Dame student by nurturing his passion for learning and spiritual development to build a foundation for life.
Employ Notre Dame High School’s extraordinary resources and assets – alumni, parents, administration, faculty, board and campus – to benefit the school land our students sustain our mission, and realize our vision.